some ideas for using this powerful video to grow your chapter!
- Show the video at a chapter
meeting and then work together to develop an action plan for growing your
- Set a goal for each member to find
one (or more) person to invite to a special meeting.
- Plan an exciting, welcoming
event where non-members would learn and experience the warmth and support
- Connect: Challenge each member to
call or email a prospective member and set up a coffee date. Face to face
always works best.
- Engage: At the coffee
date, engage the prospective member in conversation. Ask questions to learn
about her needs and challenges.
- Acknowledge: Listen carefully to her
responses and share examples of ways that DKG can support her…as it has
thousands of women.
- Invite: Invite her to attend the
special chapter meeting you’ve designed for your prospective members.
- Hold your meeting and give each attendee a
choice to attend another meeting or consider membership immediately.
- Initiate all those who choose to
join your Chapter at the very next meeting. And then, keep in close
contact, nurture that new Member and give her a task she can jump into
immediately. She will further increase membership by bringing in
educators she knows. Let’s set a domino effect into action.
Remember, you only have to reach one and truly
value that person. Give her the opportunity to enjoy the richness of our